Simple Steps to Protect Your Foundation and Improve Your Bite!
Help at Home
If you are having trouble with your bite or your TMJ, we can help. Our philosophy starts with helping you help yourself! We can offer suggestions you can easily incorporate at home that can bring relief. Often, less is best.
The forces of your bite can sometimes affect the positioning of the jaw and teeth. These forces can also contribute to teeth being mobile or producing pain. Minor polishing of the surface enamel or dental restorations can help to redistribute the biting forces. Furthermore:
- This service is completely painless and requires no dental anesthetic at all!
- Can result in a much more comfortable feeling.
- Can tighten teeth that were loose.
- We strive to provide this service in the most conservative manner while at the same time having it be beneficial to you.
Nighttime Occlusal Guard
Nightguards are used to prevent stress and damage associated with the forces of grinding and clenching. It is a conservative treatment that is very successful and highly recommended for patients with TMJ dysfunction too.
Why a nightguard with us?
- Our nightguards are fabricated from a very sturdy material and are custom-made.
- Once the appliance is delivered from our lab, we will then spend more time custom fitting it to your precise bite.
- We will also provide ongoing support to your nightguard if and when it is needed.
For the life of your smile.